These are the general aims and philosophy of High Ercall Primary School.
The list is not written in any order of sequence or priority.
- Create a happy and stimulating environment in which all children develop a positive and independent attitude to learning.
- Maintain the highest standards by successfully meeting individual children’s needs and by supporting the professional development of all adults.
- Create a sense of belonging to the school and the wider community with a respect for the environment and developing a sense of trust and care.
- Promote our 5Rs – resilience, responsibility, respect, reflection and resourcefulness – as being at the centre of our school life, but also as skills for the future.
- Promote effective relationships between everyone, including staff, pupils, governors, parents and the wider community so that we can encourage each other, enjoying and excelling together in all aspects of school life.
- Ensure pupils’ personal development is catered for which will help them to be safe and to go on and lead safe, secure and healthy lifestyles in a rapidly developing world.
- Encourage staff and pupils to become creative thinkers with enquiring minds that will help them face new challenges and situations with increased confidence.
- Offer the highest quality teaching and learning opportunities within an innovative and stimulating environment.
- Nurture, develop and inspire the whole child and enable them to experiment, take risks, face challenges and make informed choices whilst at school and in their later life.
- Prepare children for the challenges as a 21st Century citizen in Modern Britain, respecting and showing understanding of others for all that is similar and different.