The role of the school governor is a demanding but very rewarding one. Governors' work is voluntary and, as such, we fully respect and appreciate the level of commitment required to be a governor. Our governing body is responsible for working with us to ensure that we deliver a good quality education. Together with Mrs Roberts, our headteacher who is responsible for day-to-day management of the school, they set our school's aims and policies.
Governors have four main roles:
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
• Determining how the school's budget is spent
• The appointing and dismissing of staff
• Hearing appeals and grievances
• Forming policy on the school's curriculum and collective worship
• Setting standards for pupils' behaviour and discipline
• Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
• Setting and monitoring the school's aims and policies
Our governing body is made up of:
• Parent governors (elected by parents)
• Staff representatives (elected by school staff)
• Local authority governors (appointed by the local authority)
• Co-opted governors (members of the local community appointed by the governing body)
• Foundation governors
Please see the constitution document for further information under related documents.
If you would like to contact our Governing Body, please do so through school, with a letter addressed to our Chair of Governors, Jan Meredith.
Declarations of Interest
All Governors have signed the register for declarations of interest. A signed copy of this document is held in school. Please see the document listed above.
Terms of Reference - TOR
The TOR documents listed to the right show the remit of our committees which meet each term. Appeals and First committee only meet as required.
|Core Committee TOR.docx [ docx | mb ]|
|Governing Body Constitution - October 2019.rtf [ rtf | 1mb ]|
|Health and Safety and Safeguarding Committee TOR.docx [ docx | mb ]|
|High Ercall Primary School Annual Report May 2018.pdf [ pdf | 4mb ]|
|High Ercall Primary School Governors' Annual Report 2019.pdf [ pdf | 1mb ]|
|REGISTER OF BUSINESS INTERESTS 19-20 updated 29.1.20.doc [ doc | 6mb ]|
|TOR Appeals 14.docx [ docx | mb ]|
|TOR First committee 14.docx [ docx | mb ]|