The role of the school governor is a demanding but very rewarding one. Governors' work is voluntary and, as such, we fully respect and appreciate the level of commitment required to be a governor. Our governing body is responsible for working with us to ensure that we deliver a good quality education. Together with Mrs Roberts, our headteacher who is responsible for day-to-day management of the school, they set our school's aims and policies.
Governors have three main roles:
• To provide strategic direction for the school
• To act as a critical friend to the headteacher
• To ensure accountability
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
• Determining how the school's budget is spent
• The appointing and dismissing of staff
• Hearing appeals and grievances
• Forming policy on the school's curriculum and collective worship
• Setting standards for pupils' behaviour and discipline
• Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
• Setting and monitoring the school's aims and policies
Our governing body is made up of:
• Parent governors (elected by parents)
• Staff representatives (elected by school staff)
• Local authority governors (appointed by the local authority)
• Co-opted governors (members of the local community appointed by the governing body)
• Foundation governors
Please see the constitution document for further information under related documents.
If you would like to contact our Governing Body, please do so through school, with a letter addressed to our Chair of Governors, Jan Meredith.
Declarations of Interest
All Governors have signed the register for declarations of interest. A signed copy of this document is held in school. Please see the document listed above.
Terms of Reference
The TOR documents listed to th right show the remit of our committees which meet each term. Appeals and First committee only meet as required.
|Core Committee TOR.docx [ docx | mb ]|
|Governing Body Constitution Jan 2017 website.pdf [ pdf | mb ]|
|Health and Safety and Safeguarding Committee TOR.docx [ docx | mb ]|
|High Ercall Primary School Annual Report May 2018.pdf [ pdf | 4mb ]|
|REGISTER OF BUSINESS INTERESTS May 2018.pdf [ pdf | 4mb ]|
|TOR Appeals 14.docx [ docx | mb ]|
|TOR First committee 14.docx [ docx | mb ]|